Friday, November 03, 2006

Jack Hayford School of Pastoral Nurture

Last week, I was privileged to attend the Jack Hayford School of Pastoral Nurture at the King's Seminary in Van Nuys, California. It consists of a series of four mentoring sessions in a group not to exceed fifty pastors. Each session or consultation, as they are called, lasts five days and includes some forty hours of teaching by Pastor Hayford on some aspect of pastoral leadership.

I participated in a Consultation One last spring. It dealt with a pastor's personal life, heart for people, and personal spiritual development. Consultation Two last week focused on such subjects as a preaching, ministering the fullness of the Holy Spirit to others, conducting public worship services that include charismatic utterances, worship, and the gospel of the kingdom of God. I enjoyed the first one enormously, but this second one was even better...! In coming posts, I intend to share some of the leadership principles I learned, and the practical ways they are impacting my ministry as Senior Pastor here at Hillcrest Church.

For the moment, just let me say that I highly recommend this program to any pastor that can attend...!

One last FYI ... the seminary Dr. Hayford founded, The King's Seminary, offers fully accredited graduate level credit for these sessions if you are willing to do the extra, post-modular coursework.

0 comments: