Saturday, January 20, 2007

NIV vs ESV, continued...

Rick Mansfield left a great comment on my post, "Which translation? NIV or ESV?" I have not yet had the time to read all three of the articles he recommended, but his post on his own blog entitled, "Literal Is Not More Accurate If It's Unintelligible," is well worth reading, for anyone who is interested in the subject of Bible translations.

I had no idea there was so much discussion going on in the blogsphere on the subject of the ESV or that Driscoll's writing was so widely noticed. As I wrote in my comment to Rick's post on this blog, "I have always been amazed at how God so powerfully uses some of the most awkward and pitiful translations to impact people's lives what that is all there is available! ... What a mighty God we serve...!"

0 comments: